Who We Are
The West End Food Pantry is a non-for-profit organization that serves the community by providing food to those in need as well as other useful items that are sometimes unobtainable by members of the community. The Pantry serves hungry families and individuals no matter size, location, or circumstance that led them them to needing food assistance.
When do we distribute food?
The West End Food Pantry distributes food the 1st & 3rd Saturday each month from 9AM – 12PM NOON. Updates and information can be found on https://www.facebook.com/WEFoodPantry or at www.westendpantry.com.
YOU MUST BRING:
If you do not bring all of the following each visit, you will not be allowed to get food as these are strict requirements that we must adhere to.
- VALID PHOTO ID, SUCH AS A DRIVER’S LICENSE. Photo ID is required at each visit.
- CURRENT PROOF OF RESIDENCE EACH VISIT. A legal document with your name, address and date. The date must be within 30 days of each specific distribution date. Examples include pay stub, utility bill, credit card bill, doctor’s bill, bank statement, prescription bottle, etc. dated within the past 30 days. The name on your proof of residence MUST match your picture ID. Current Proof of Residence is required at each visit. No handwritten or junk mail will be accepted.
- YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE FULL NAMES AND BIRTH DATES OF ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS. You will be required to list all household members and birthdays for those that live in your home year-round, full time. This name cannot be on any other household that currently receives food from the West End Food Pantry. You must also have knowledge of income for all these members.
- YOU CAN ONLY BE A PROXY FOR ONE OTHER FAMILY AND ONLY ONE OTHER INDIVIDUAL CAN BE A PROXY FOR YOU.
- WE ARE ALLOWED TO GIVE FOOD BY DESIGNATED ZIP CODES ONLY. THE
FOLLOWING ARE THE ONLY ZIP CODES THAT ARE ELIGIBLE TO COME TO THE
WEST END FOOD PANTRY. ZIP CODES THAT ARE NOT INCLUDED ARE DUE TO
THE FACT THAT THERE ARE MANY SERVICES IN YOUR LOCAL AREA, WHICH CAN
BE FOUND UNDER FAQS. (If you find that you are unsatisfied or have complaints about the pantry in your local area, please call Second Harvest Food Bank at 610-434-0875.)
Zip Codes We Serve
|MONROE COUNTY||CARBON COUNTY|
|Bartonsville 18321||Albrightsville 18210|
|Brodheadsville 18322||Aquashicola 18012|
|Effort 18330||Ashfield 18212|
|Gilbert 18331||Bowmanstown 18030|
|Kresgeville 18333||Lehighton 18235|
|Kunkletown 18058||Palmerton 18071|
|Long Pond 18334||Parryville 18244|
|Reeders 18352||Weissport 18235|
- No pets are allowed on property during West End Food Pantry distribution. This is for your pet’s safety as we open car doors and trunks freely. If you have a pet in your car, you will be turned away.
- No cell phone use while driving through our pantry system. (for our safety)
- Please no smoking while on pantry property.
- If all lines are full, you will be asked to come back so we do not block Kunkletown Road. Please do not park in any surrounding driveways.
- Please don’t forget we give expired food. Expired food is completely safe!
- We will continue our drive-thru system.
- Since you cannot choose your food, if you have food that you don’t like or won’t use, feel free to give it to another family in need.
- However, it is against the rules to sell the food or supplies you receive from the pantry.
- If you are caught selling food, you will be asked to no longer use the pantry and your account will be flagged.
- Please do not post pictures of free food on social media.
Our food pantries typically serve individuals and families earning less than 150% of the federal poverty line. See the chart below:
Number of People
Monthly Household Income