Food / Other Resources in
Monroe & Carbon County
Website by Second Harvest – automatically find food pantries near you by entering your zip code.
Monroe County Food Pantry List
Pleasant Valley Ecumenical Network
Address: 2334 US-209, Sciota, PA 18354
(Turn right after Chestnuthill Diner)
Office Hours: Mon, Tues, Fri 9AM – Noon
Available for appointments: 9AM – 4PM : Monday – Friday
Coronavirus Update: All Food Pantry distribution will be drive through until further notice. Please schedule appointments as normal by calling (570) 992-3136.
PVEN’s Clothing Closet is closed until further notice due to the Corona Virus Outbreak
Eligibility: West End Residents – Hamilton, Polk, Jackson, Chestnuthill, Eldred, and Ross Townships. Income guidelines apply – ID/Proof of residence required. Call to register prior to distribution.
Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Call for appointment)
Eligibility: Residents of Lehman & Middle Smithfield Townships. Income guidelines apply. ID/Proof of residence required.
C.A.M.E. – Christian Awareness
Hours: Mondays 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM (Other hours by appointment)
Eligibility: Residents of Barrett, Price & Northeastern Paradise Townships. Income guidelines apply – ID/Proof of residence required.
Ecumenical Hunger Ministry
Hours: 1st Wednesday & 1st Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Eligibility: Residents of Pocono Township, Borough of Mt. Pocono, Coolbaugh Township, and parts of Paradise and Tobyhanna Townships. Income guidelines apply – ID/Proof of residence required.
Website: Monthly Food Pantry
Hours: 4th Thursday of the month, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM (Must register 2 weeks prior to distribution)
Eligibility: Residents of Smithfield and Stroud Townships, Boroughs of East Stroudsburg, Stroudsburg, Delaware Water Gap and parts of Pocono Township. Income guidelines apply – ID/Proof of residence required.
Top of the Mountain Ecumenical Network
at Five Loaf House
Hours: 2nd Monday 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM & Tuesday following the 2nd Monday 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM.
Eligibility: Residents of Coolbaugh, Tobyhanna, and Tunkhannock Townships. Income guidelines apply – ID/Proof of residence required.
Carbon County Food Pantry List
Because WEFP does not serve parts of Carbon County, we have composed this list of other food pantries that may be able to help:
- Beaver Meadows serves households in Packer Township and is located in Saint Paul’s Lutheran Church, 19 Second Street, Beaver Meadows, PA 18216. Third Thursday of each month from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Contact Mrs. Jennifer Barnasevitch – Phone: 570-956-5980.
- Jim Thorpe Area serves households in the Jim Thorpe School District and is located in Ebenezer Evangelical Congregational Church, 441 Center Avenue, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229. (Phone 570-325-2855) Second Saturday of each month from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Contact Mrs. Pam Moore Phone 570-325-3240 or Rev. Nathan Kennedy Phone 570-325-2855.
- Lansford Area serves households in Lansford and is located in Trinity Lutheran Church, 104 East Abbott Street, Lansford, PA 18232. Third Monday of each month from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Contact Mr. Richard Willing Cell 570-657-6159 OR 570-645-3426.
- Lehighton Area serves households in Lehighton, Mahoning, Franklin, East Penn Townships, Weissport, and the Lehighton Area School District, including Parryville and is located in Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 175 South Third Street, Lehighton, PA 18235. Every Tuesday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Contact Ron & Carolyn Long or Mrs. Shirley Radler (Phone 610-377-4303).
- Nesquehoning Area serves households in Nesquehoning, Hauto, and Lake Hauto and is located in Meeds Memorial United Methodist Church, 126 West Catawissa Street, Nesquehoning, PA 18240. (Phone 570-669-9212) Third Thursday of each month from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM. Contact Mrs. Paula Anthony: 570-645-5873 or Mrs. Mary Beth Beck: 570-427-4071.
- Palmerton Area serves households in Palmerton, Towamensing, Lower Towamensing Townships, and the Palmerton School District including Bowmanstown and is located in Saint John’s Towamensing Lutheran Church, 2915 Fire Line Road, Palmerton, PA 18071 Fourth Friday of each month from 8:30 AM To 3:30 PM. Contact Mrs. Barbara Brader: 610-377-4768, or Mr. Kenneth Kaiser: 610-826-6133.
- Summit Hill Area serves households in Summit Hill and is located in the Summit Hill Heritage Center, 1 West Hazard Street, Summit Hill, PA 18250. Fourth Tuesday of each month from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Contact Ms. Rose Marie Armon: 570-645-3604 or Mr. John Williams: 484-560-8725.
- Tresckow Area serves households in Banks Township and is located in the Banks Township Municipal Building, Cherry and Fern Streets, Tresckow, PA 18254. Jan. to Oct. – Fourth Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and Nov. to Dec. Third Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Contact Mrs. Betty Milore: 570-454-8209.
- Weatherly Area serves households in Weatherly, Lausanne & Lehigh Townships, and East Side Borough and is located in the Zion’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 335 Third Street, Weatherly, PA 18255. (Phone 570-427-4113) Second Tuesday of each month from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Contact Mr. Charles Hettler: 570-427-8981 or Rev. Donald Adams: 570-427-5071.
For more information on SNAP Food Stamp Program:
Please click here for information about LIHEAP/Heating Assistance.
Pocono Info Flyer
Your Local State Representative
Rep. Jack Rader
Carriage House Square
2785 Route 115, Suite 103
Effort, PA 18330
Phone: (570) 620-4341
Fax: (570) 620-4349