As of August 19, 2017, the West End Food Pantry is moving to an electronic sign in system. The information we collect from you is completely secure! However, we will now collect sign in information from you via computers in our sign up room.
Please bear with us as we learn the new system and implement the following new procedures starting August 19, 2017. In accordance with our annual calendar, everyone is required to re-sign up in person to be eligible for food starting the second distribution in August, so we have timed the introduction of our electronic system with this event.
We are growing in a new area and by no means is this new system meant to make getting food difficult. This new system has a few additional safeguards to help us ensure food is getting into the proper hands, which will be helpful for all those in need. If you have any questions, please see Kayla and Danielle in the Sign Up Room or Karena.
HOW THE NEW SYSTEM MAY EFFECT YOU:
- AS OF AUGUST 19, 2017, YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT/VALID PICTURE ID, SUCH AS A DRIVER’S LICENSE.
Update your expired ID now! Expired IDs will not be accepted.
Valid picture ID is required at each visit.
- AS OF AUGUST 19, 2017, YOU WILL HAVE TO BRING CURRENT PROOF OF RESIDENCE EACH VISIT.
This should be something “other” than a driver’s license and no more than 30 days old. Examples include pay stub, current utility bill, current rent receipt, or letter postmarked within the past 30 days.
The name on your proof of residence MUST match your picture ID.
Current Proof of Residence is required at each visit.
- AS OF AUGUST 19, 2017, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE FULL NAMES AND BIRTH DATES OF ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS.
You will be required to list all household members and birthdays for those that live in your home year-round, full time. This name cannot be on any other household that currently receives food from the West End Food Pantry.
- AS OF AUGUST 19, 2017, YOU WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO BE A PROXY FOR ONE OTHER FAMILY AND ONLY ONE OTHER INDIVIDUAL CAN BE A PROXY FOR YOU. EVERY SIX MONTHS YOU NEED TO COME AND RE-SIGN UP YOUR PROXY.
The new software system will not allow you to proxy for more than one family nor have more than one person be a proxy for yourself. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you are a proxy, you must arrive at the pantry before 11:30 am.
- LASTLY, AS OF AUGUST 19, 2017, WE WILL FEED BY ZIP CODE ONLY. THE FOLLOWING ARE THE ONLY ZIP CODES THAT ARE ELIGIBLE TO COME TO THE WEST END FOOD PANTRY. ZIP CODES THAT ARE NOT INCLUDED ARE DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE ARE MANY SERVICES IN YOUR LOCAL AREA, WHICH CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.WESTENDPANTRY.COM UNDER FAQS, OR HARD COPIES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE SIGN IN ROOM. (If you find that you are unsatisfied or have complaints about the pantry in your local area, please call Dave Cool at Second Harvest Food Bank at 610-434-0875.)
- Kunkletown 18058
- Kresgeville 18333
- Gilbert 18331
- Saylorsburg 18353
- Brodheadsville 18322
- Effort 18330
- Sciota 18354
- Stroudsburg 18360
- Long Pond 18334
- Albrightsville 18210
- Reeders 18352
- Bartonsville 18321
- Tannersville 18372
- Aquashicola 18012
- Palmerton 18071
- Bowmanstown 18030
- Parryille 18244
- Lehighton 18235